Thursday, November 6, 2008

journal entry5:Laws of exponents part 1

We can expand any variable with an exponent.For example y is the coefficient but even though it has no exponent on top of it y has a 1 above it because something times itself is going to be itself.x*x is x^2 it is not just x because you are leaving out the other x.The pattern that i noticed when you multiply exponent are that when you have your exponents you add your exponent.For example, 2y^3+3y^4 people will just think the answer is 6y^12 but it is really 6y^7 so instead of multiplying the exponents you add it.

2 comments:

Irianis said...

Veryy good i Understand what you are trying too say and i enjoyed reading your blog . Keep doing good in school and BE A GOOD GURL ! =)

___ I R I A N I S <3

dashani said...

irianis

thanks for the comment and i will be a good girl lol